Students acquire the skills and knowledge to effectively create, deploy, manage, and migrate Linux virtual machines hosted on either dedicated Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor nodes or Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.
This course also helps candidates prepare for the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Administrator exam (EX318), which, if passed, earns them the Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
- Overview of Red Hat Enterprise VirtualizationDefine and discuss general virtualization, Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM), and the concept of virtualization in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.Install, configure, and test managerInstall, configure, secure, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.Install and configure hypervisor hostsInstall, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Hypervisor.Create datacenters and clustersCreate datacenters and clusters using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.Create and maintaining storageCreate and administer data, iso, and export storage domains using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.Create logical networksCreate logical networks using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager.Deploy virtual machinesInstall, deploy, and manage virtual machines (VMs) with appropriate drivers and agents using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.Manage VM snapshots and imagesManage VMs with snapshots and share images using Red Hat Virtualization.Automate VM deploymentUtilize templates, pools, and cloud-init to automate deployment of VMs using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.Monitor and report Red Hat Enterprise VirtualizationLocate information using the Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization administration portal to generate reports of the environment.Overview of advanced Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization topicsDescribe backing up and restoring Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, making Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization highly available, and using the application programming interface (API).Install and configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux hostInstall and configure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux host.Migrate VMs and configure high availabilityMigrate VMs manually and automatically, and configure high availability with live migration using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.Comprehensive reviewReview the course objectives.
This is course is intended for: Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for managing enterprise servers who are interested in learning how to manage large numbers of servers or virtual machines using Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
IT professionals interested in earning a Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA) certification.
IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
What You Will Learn
After completing this course, students will understand:
- Deploy Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization.
- Configure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment (datacenters, clusters, and storage domains).
- Install, manage, and troubleshoot virtual machines (servers and desktops).
- Create virtual machine snapshots.
- Use templates for rapid virtual machine deployment.
- Secure Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization environment with multilevel administrative roles.
- Monitor and create custom reports.
- Migrate virtual machines and explore high-availability options.